1.29.2015

The Adventure Begins

Sep 5th 2014
For our family Vacation we decided to go to Sea World and visit friends back where my husband grew up. It is quite a loooonnnnggg drive to Orlando from where we live, so we decided to take our time getting there and stop at various locations along our route.
It was THE best decision ever.
It made for a perfect trip!
The kids were great and we were able to see so many amazing things!
I absolutely loved it.
Here is the view of our way down to Georgia.
It was cloudy, but gorgeous!

One thing not many people know about me is that I am obsessed with bridges.
I LOVE them.
Venice was my dream place.
Bridges everywhere!!!
So, when I saw this bridge I thought it was amazing! 
Doesn't it look so cool??

Our first stop:

Fort Frederica
St. Simmons Island, GA

The man at the desk was laughing at us while we were trying to take our family picture haha
I did not bring a tripod so I set it up on something and then ran back, while having Adelaide in the carrier and trying to squat down without falling before the timer went off.
I guess it would have been pretty funny to watch.
But, hey! We got one at least!
:)

Caleb hates this moss, but I think it is gorgeous! haha
I am sure for anyone who is native to Florida might share my husbands opinion of spanish moss, but when I first saw it covering all the trees, I thought it was a bit enchanting :)

Happy to be out of the car!


Adelaide was about 4 months here.



A kind soul took our family picture for us!
I love when people offer!
But, I also always have a slight fear that they are going to run off with my camera.
Good thing my husband is a runner ;)


This was something.
Someone's house maybe??
This is why it is bad to document trips MONTHS after.
Everything becomes a "something" haha



Because I knew that I would not really remember what everything was, this trip I opted to take pictures of the info plaques. And, having a little run-around-all-over-the-place-won't-stay-still-for-more-than-three-seconds boy, we can go back and read it at our leisure. 

Behold! The Fort!
Yeah, not as grand as I thought it was going to be haha

Of course. We are THOSE parents who get their child named Cannon to take a picture with all the cannon's we see. 








Look at this cuteness!!
He hadn't quite turned 2 yet :)



Again, something :)

Something else…


Well, that was fun!
:)
After the fort we got back in the car and headed too….

--suspense--

Stay tuned to find out where our adventure took us next!



4 comments:

  1. My favorite picture is of Rose and Adelaide, with Cannon walking away. For some reason I'm always drawn to look at Cannon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you can appreciate the beauty of Spanish moss even if your husband can't. I think it's one of the delights of Florida. :) These are super fun pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I am not mistaken...doesn't the Spanish moss...actually KILLS the tree? Just saying...As awesome as it looks...I think of the tree...smile LOVED all the pictures...WONDERFUL to have "memory" pictures...that you can look back on...smile

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was looking it up, and it says that it rarely kills trees, but it does lower their growth rate because the tree can't get as much sunlight as it normally would.

      Delete