2.05.2015

Favorite Recipe: Banana Bread

Banana bread is one of my favorite things to eat. 
I have been know to eat a loaf by myself. 
In one sitting.

I found this recipe on pinterest awhile ago and loved how simple, delicious, and easy it was.
I have tweaked it a bit, and I decided to share it with you :)

Hope you enjoy it as much as my family and I do!


Whole Wheat Banana Bread 

3 ripe bananas, peeled
1/3 cup melted butter
1/4 cup to 1/2 cup of sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
a couple dashes of cinnamon 
1 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour

Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 4x8 loaf pan.
Mash the bananas in a mixing bowl. Melt the butter and then pour it in with the mashed bananas. Add the beaten egg and sugar. Stir with a wooden spoon and then add the vanilla, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Stir again. Add the flour and stir. 
Pour into the greased pan and bake for 1 hour.
Remove from pan and let cool on a wire rack.
Enjoy!

This recipe makes 1 loaf, but I sometimes double it and make banana muffins. So yummy!

Let me know what you think of it if you end up making it!



1 comment:

  1. Having recipes with "whole wheat" is a must with me...THANK YOU for putting this one up...I will add it to my growing "whole wheat" list...I made "whole wheat" waffles this morning...SO FILLING...but, just knowing...it was much healthier for us...than using bleached flours, etc. smile

    ReplyDelete