One of my goals for 2015 is to do a tot school for Cannon.
It's nothing elaborate or crazy, just two or three activities a week of structured learning play time. I feel like he is ready to start learning colors, numbers, and other different skills. Also, my kids rarely take naps at the same time, so I have alone time with both of them. We do tot school while the baby is asleep and I feel like it will become something special that I do with him.
While Cannon is taking a nap, I have decided to do developmental activities for Adelaide, like singing songs, playing games with her, reading her books, helping her develop her skills.
So far it has been fun!
I really like having a bit of "structured" play time with each of my kiddos.
It was super easy to make and Cannon enjoyed doing it.
Step 1: Trace the shapes on the poster board
Step 2: Show to your child
Step 3: Let them play
See?
Easy, peasy.
Step 2: Show to your child
Step 3: Let them play
See?
Easy, peasy.
If you don't have blocks, you could use cookie cutters, little kid utensils, or other smallish objects.
After he finished matching the shapes on the board, he went and made up his own game.
Then he got distracted by the legos and started playing with them again.
:)
My goal for next time we play this game, is to focus more on getting him to say the shape or the color while he puts it down.
Hope you and your little one enjoy this game!
Happy Matching!




I LOVED THIS! So simple...and FUN...but, learning! Isn't that what LEARNING is all about? Having FUN in the process? smile
ReplyDeleteFUN! Thanks for sharing this, Rose!
ReplyDeleteThey are little sponges! Such a fun activity!
ReplyDeleteGreat activity! Love how easy it is.
ReplyDelete