8.07.2013

Crafting Again!

Now that I am done with school (wahoo!), I am able to craft again! Before, I would do school any time Cannon was sleeping, but now I can actually do fun stuff again! Not that school wasn't fun, I actually enjoyed doing it, but it is nice to be creative again. I miss creating things. I found this great book at Anthropologie called The Book of Doing by Alison Arden. You can read about it here. It is all about unlocking your creativity by doing things. Crazy, huh?? :) I love it. The ideas are so much fun and random. I think you will enjoy it!

Like so many others in the world, I love Pinterest. Love it. The downside is that I spend too much time pinning things and not enough time making them! So I have determined to start making things I pin. I created a "Make This Month" Board, and I am already well on my way. I mean, I pinned things for a reason!

Here is my list of things to make this month:

  • Alphabet plush letters
  • Maracas made from plastic spoons, eggs, and tape--nothing but the best for my baby boy!! haha
  • Baby Sensory Board
  • Bag Dispenser--so I can free up my drawer in my kitchen
  • Baby Dino

 I have already made the sensory board and Cannon seemed to enjoy it and didn't rip or eat anything off of it. I count that as a victory.  Not very glamorous looking, but that is okay.



The project I am working on now is making the alphabet letters. I started pinning them and kind of cutting them out. Now I have to cut them out for real. It is a fun project to do because I can watch Pride and Prejudice while I am working on it. I find it very soothing, almost therapeutic.



We will see how they turn out.


Cannon is still being such a cutie! He is starting to be super cuddly, which I love! His and Caleb's hugs are the best!
He is such a happy little guy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment