7.05.2014

Independence Day

We had a fun 4th of July. We went to our towns parade, and then later that evening we went to our Stake activity and had lots of fun chatting with friends and eating yummy food.

Last year I saw this cute idea for patriotic shirts, so I bought all of the supplies, but did not end up making them until this year! It was fun (and super easy) to make! 

I felt very festive with all of our family wearing matching shirts. 

We may just make this a tradition to be matchy matchy :) I know they will love it as they grow older!


 We all had a lot of fun at the parade.
We even got some fun goodies--like a gift card to Bojangles, which I was thrilled about!
Adelaide was really enjoying the parade…


These ladies were super cute because they had a choreographed dance. 


There were some pretty cool cars in the parade. 


Some were more festive then others.




The train started coming in the middle of the parade! I may have been more excited then Cannon.


We were standing right by the tracks, so we got pretty up close and personal with the train.


Hello Train Conductor!


After that excitement, the parade continued with some firetrucks and other floats.


Adelaide, still enjoying the parade…


When we got home, we lit some sparklers with Cannon and he had lots of fun watching Caleb and I run and jump around waving our arms all over the place. 
Holidays and celebrations are much more fun with little ones :)

2 comments:

  1. Your shirts are SO cute! I think I actually have that same stars and stripes fabric, so I might have to make those next year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They were so easy and fun to make! I just used the spray adhesive to "glue" the fabric on the shirts, and it worked for the day, but I am going to sew them on before we wear them again. It probably took me 20 minutes to make all four of them.

      Delete