July 17, 2017
As you can tell, these elevator rug pictures became a tradition.
:)
Another morning run in Hong Kong with Caleb.
Caleb had meetings again that morning, so I was left to my own devices once more.
I decided to walk along the water again and walk back to the place where Caleb and I ran to that morning.
See that wall of rain??
Still a pretty sight.
I made it to the area where we ran to--Tsim Sha Tsui Promenade
It started raining pretty hard.
My feet were soaked, but it was still nice to walk around.
The buildings still amaze me!
I made it back to the hotel and dried off, and probably ate something. I can't remember.
I then decided to head to one of the malls.
I was told all I needed to do was walk to the metro station, which was really close to our hotel and then walk about 15 minutes to the Harbor City mall.
On my way to the metro I saw Chinese firemen!
I took the pictures for Cannon mostly.
I took them while walking because I didn't want to look like a total tourist and pause and take my pictures., hence the blurriness.
Ya know, cause they couldn't tell I was a tourist by the way I look ;)
Totally blended in!
I made it to the metro with no problem. When I got down the stairs, I didn't think I would have a bazillion options of which direction to walk haha Maybe not a bazillion, but at least four! I looked at each sign but could not see a sign for the Harbor City Mall. I did what any girl in need would do. I facetimed my Mom haha! I talked with her a little while in the metro station and then picked a direction and started walking, and walking, and walking.
The metro wasn't just a station, but it has all these corridors (underground tunnel walkways) that can lead to other business or roads. As I was walking down one I saw an opening for a mall! Woohoo! I thought I had found it, but it wasn't the Harbor City Mall, it was a mall called K11. Apparently Hong Kong has tons of malls! This was a really neat mall because it was for new and upcoming fashion designers.
It was one of the coolest malls I have ever been to!
These were rolley chairs. They were so fun!!
When I got there, the mall hadn't quite opened yet.
It had four levels, so I went to the top level to see what was up there and found this brochure about the mall.
I should've taken more pictures of the store displays. There were some really cool ones!
Don't you love those pants? ;)
All around the mall were different art displays and sculptures.
I went in this one store called Missy Z or something like that and I saw this and thought it was amazing. I got up the nerve to ask if I could try it on.
I loved it!! hahah
More of my fun finds!
I really love the bacon and egg shoes!!!
More art displays around the mall.
Super cute wallets!
Shouldn't every girl have a wallet with a huge, colorful rooster on it?!?
I loved this artist in particular because her goal was to spread the with positivity. Each of her creations had a beautiful, positive saying on it.
These mugs!!!!
The cutest!
After exploring the mall, I went back to the hotel (yay! I found the way back!), ate some yummy snacks while waiting for Caleb to get out of meetings to go to lunch with them.
Here was our view from the lounge:
pirate boat
After lunch, which we just ate at the hotel (it was delicious), Caleb had one more meeting and then he would be done!
I just went back to our room and read.
It was lovely.
I may have fallen asleep.
Around 3 o'clock, Caleb was finally done with his meetings. YAY!! Let the official vacation begin!!
He got out early enough that we were able to go to a session at the Hong Kong temple. It was lovely! The temple is gorgeous inside!!
We took a taxi from the hotel and arrived just in time to make it to the 4 o'clock session, but we didn't have time to take a picture of us standing by the temple sign. We figured we would just do it after we got out.
No problem.
When we got out, it was pouring down rain. And when I say pouring, I mean torrential down pour!! A category red rain storm.
We opted for a picture under the covered patio of the temple.
But we really wanted one in front of the sign.
We came ALL this way, right?!
So we made a run for it!!
This picture of the two of us has become one of my favorite pictures even though I look like a complete weirdo!! Haha! These pictures are seriously the worst, but my favorite nonetheless :) We took a taxi to the temple, and were planning on taking the MTR on the way back so we wouldn't have to exchange more money. It was a fine plan, or so we thought haha The rain definitely threw us for a loop!
hahahaha!! I mean, seriously! Those pictures crack me up!!
We had to walk a few blocks to the MTR.
In the pouring rain.
It was hilarious and so fun.
As we were crossing one of the roads, Caleb found a broken umbrella in the trash and swooped it up for me to use, just as any Knight in shining armor would do 💗
We finally made it to the warm, dry, shelter of the MTR station.
Yay!
That was definitely one of my favorite memories :)
After we got back to the hotel, we freshened up and then went out to dinner with Caleb's friends Michael Kong and Daffie.
They took us to a Chinese restaurant and they picked out some yummy things to eat.
Nothing more appetizing than seeing your food stare back at you!
It was so fresh!
I had a bit of a hard time eating the shrimp, but I did it!
And then they brought out this...
The meat kabobs were no biggie, but do you see what's in the middle??
Yep, a whole, entire, little fish.
Eyeballs, tails, bones, and everything!
I tried to eat it.
A few times.
I finally just went for it!
I must admit, it was actually pretty good.
:)
Another Chinese eating adventure success!




No comments:
Post a Comment