The last elevator rug picture.
I promise :)
We woke up early Wednesday morning to catch out flight to Guilin, China.
We're super pumped, but a little bummed to be leaving the Shangri-La. It was such a nice hotel!
Farewell Hong Kong!
Hello airport!
Thankfully we did not have any problems getting checked in or going through security. Since Caleb flies (a lot), he is one of the gold platinum sapphire hoity toity members that gets invited to the VIP lounge. I fly (not a lot) so I did not get invited to the VIP lounge.
After getting to our gate, Caleb was going to run into the lounge and grab some snacks for us since we didn't get breakfast, so I was just waiting with the other flying peasants outside the lounge.
Then, I see Caleb coming back with a big smile on his face inviting me it to the lounge. Apparently he can have a guest!! YES! I love being his wife haha!
It was so nice!!
Bacon, eggs, delicious noodle bowls, hot chocolate, pastries, fresh fruit!
They treat you right!
Happy wife, happy life, right? ;)
The bathrooms were even so fancy that I had to ask someone how to open the stall haha!
Our flight was getting ready to board so we headed out to our gate.
We were really excited!
Boarding the plane. Eek!!
:)
so happy
Hong Kong from a birds eye view:
2 hours later.....
Birds eye view of Guilin:
We arranged for someone from our hotel to pick us up from the airport.
She was really nice and it was fun to see her expression when she found out Caleb spoke mandarin.
This was my first introduction to Chinese drivers.
They are nuts!!!
I've never heard someone use there horn that much haha
She used it more as a "Hey, watch out--I'm coming through even though I am on the shoulder or in the opposite lane of traffic I just want to pass this car because they are going slower than I am so you better move over for me thank you"
It was a beautiful drive over.
This hotel was my absolute favorite!
It was so quaint and beautiful!
We had a room on the top floor so if we looked out our window just right we could see the gorgeous mountains of Guilin.
This was such a peaceful place!
The cutest little sitting area!!
Looking out our window just right to catch the view haha!
Notice the branches on the balcony across from us.
We would see someone doing their laundry and hanging it out to dry.
Just the way of life!
Thankfully I hadn't been introduced to the squatty potties of China yet.
We'll get to those later...haha!
I love the english translation! hahahaha!!
After getting to our room and dropping off our luggage, we hit the road running!
First stop:
Exploring around our hotel and then off to the Reed Flute Caves
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment