8.08.2017

A View From The Top

Our first full day in Guilin started out with an interesting breakfast bar.
Not our favorite, but the watermelon was amazing!

Baby banana haha


We're pretty excited to drive up to the rice terraces!!
Little did we know what the ride would entail....


Sit down with us while we tell you our adventure of driving up to see the rice terraces.
(About 12 minutes)


I was just a little bit nervous riding the chair lift up to the top of the terraces.....


Caleb was standing up and taking pictures in the cable car like a mad man! 
"Sit down your rocking the boat!"


The beauty of what we saw started to overcome the fear I had of falling.
It was so green and the way they made their fields was fascinating. It was a very peaceful ride up. 




My handsome hubby :)


I was still a little shaken from the drive up, but happy to be there.



We made it up alive and it was beautiful!!!


One of the mountain villages:




Below is one of my favorite pictures. The levels of the rice fields looks so amazing. It was a surreal beauty that we had never before experienced.





Contemplating life
;)





We've had a picture of the rice terraces hanging up in our room for maybe a year now as part of our vision wall, and it was so great to make it there and experience it together.

There were also some little shops at the top of the terraces. It was really neat to see the ladies weaving and some of the men doing their crafts.

I'm not really sure what was up with this turtle though...?




Unless they make their roads bigger, that was a once in a lifetime experience.
It was a great one!!
(especially since we got down the mountain alive)
:)



1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the BRIGHT colors...of the material...clothing...so FESTIVE...The mountainous pictures are absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! And Rose...I can stand HEIGHTS either!!!!!!!!! When Garvin is driving on mountain roads...I actually LEAN toward the middle of the car...while Garvin teases me....I so GET YOUR FEELINGS on this subject!! smile LOVED the VIDEO! That just cracked me up!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete