8.04.2017

The Garden of Stars and a Rainy Walk to Dinner

July 17th, 2017

Monday, Caleb had to go to meetings so I got to explore the city on my own! Everyone kept saying that it was a really safe city and having been there a few days, I felt pretty confident exploring on my own. In the morning, I sat in the lounge of our hotel and facetimed with my mom and then my sister. I loved having facetime because it made everyone not seem so far away. I do love traveling and pretty much jump at every opportunity I get to do so, but I do miss people back home :)


After awhile, I ventured out into the city. This is a view walking across a pedestrian bridge to get a closer view of the water. It was a really overcast and rainy day.


It was still quite a site to behold!



I felt so grown up being by myself! haha I'm not used to it anymore with my three littles in tow everywhere I go. Honestly, I wasn't quite sure what to do!! 


And then it started to rain.


And then it stopped and was sunny.


The weather in Hong Kong was very temperamental. 


I loooooovvveeeedd all the landscaping and pathways. Gorgeous!




A view of the outside of our hotel


The signs were pretty funny. One sign I ran across said No Hawking. I have no idea what that means...


I kept walking down and came across these stairs. Looked pretty intriguing, so I made my way up.


The stairs led to a bridge with the cutest foot prints! There were tons of different ones. These were my favorite though :)


When I got to the end of the pathway I saw this statue and a few other statues.





Bruce Lee
oh yeah!


I loved watching people get their picture taken with his statue because, regardless of age, they would all pose just like him and let out a little "Hi ya!" hahaha it was the best!



The cutest little piggie!!



After I saw the statues, I found all these hand prints with names and signatures on them. I hadn't seen a sign saying what this place was yet, but I figured it was like the stars in Hollywood. I started watching the people stand in front of certain handprints and take pictures, so I followed suit haha

Li Li Hua: 
look her up!


 Jet Li

On my way back to the hotel, I finally found a name to put with the place:
Garden of Stars


When I got back to the hotel, I had made an appointment to get my eyebrows waxed. When I got in, the lady doing it was an older chinese lady and did not speak english very well. I got really nervous because I was trying to tell her what I wanted and I wasn't sure if it was coming across! haha
She did a good job though haha

After that, I explored the hotel a little more and then took a nap haha It was great and very relaxing :)





That day, my Mom-in-law sent pictures of the kids :)
They were at a used bookstore.
The kids were in heaven.
Aren't they the cutest?!?!




That night, I went to dinner with Caleb and his work people. We went to a Moroccan restaurant. It was so good! The hummus is still making me drool! haha Usually they get a driver to take them to their dinners, but this time they decided to walk. 

It was pouring!!! I think it was further than they thought haha It was kind of fun walking the streets though. And of course I didn't mind sharing an umbrella with this cutie ;)


We walked by some fun stores. Too bad we didn't have time to shop ;) 


I actually really wanted to go in this store way more than Louis Vuitton....



The walk home was pretty uneventful, but still rainy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment