12.29.2014

Making 2015 A Success

Didn't 2014 just fly by?? As I reflect back on the year, I have so many moments to be grateful for. We have been very blessed this year! There has been lots of laughter, learning moments, and fun memories. 
It was definitely a successful year.

 One thing I am doing differently for 2015 is taking more time to set and plan my goals. 
(Ya know what? I don't even know if I really set new years resolutions last year…)

Anyways…

Goal setting.
 
 For the past week or so I have been brainstorming a list of goals and things I want to accomplish for 2015. Can I just say how excited I am to work on them? In fact, I have already started to work on some of them. Who says you have to wait until the new year?

I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but do ever get burnt out two weeks into the new year?
I know I have. Sad to say! 

A couple of weeks ago I found this quote and I think this will help me keep the "new year's fire" going all year long.


Last night, I sat down and looked at my list of goals and wrote down WHY I wanted to accomplish each goal. Remembering the why will keep me motivated so when those moments of wanting to quit and give up come along, I will be ready for them!

I really want this year to be stellar! I have some big plans and goals, and I really think that I can do it.  Here's to a new year with new possibilities, new habits, new successes (and failures, lets be real here!), and new memories. 


How do you stay motivated throughout the year?
 

2 comments:

  1. Great post! That's a great idea to write down the WHY of a goal. I'm going to do that! What I've found this past year that is helpful to me is making weekly goals to support my bigger goals. Once a week, I would sit down and say what do I want to work on THIS week and write those down. I felt a lot more success doing it that way, which helped keep me motivated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thank you! I am glad you liked it and that it inspired you to try it :) Weekly goals to support the bigger goals is so smart. I am totally going to do that. Plus, that will help keep your big goals fresh in your mind. Thanks Sara Lyn for the idea!

      Delete