12.26.2014

Winter Wreath Tutorial

I love wreaths. They are wonderful and super fun to make because there are so many different types you can do! Today I am sharing a super easy one that I did in 1 hour! Here is my inspiration from Learning Creative Living. I did it a bit different then she did so here is my tutorial:


You will need:
wreath base--i used a pool noodle
glue gun
glue sticks--I used 11 for this project
cotton balls--I used 1.5 bags
any embellishments you want

Step 1:  Make pool noodle wreath by bringing ends together and taping with duct or masking tape. 
Step 2: Start to glue on cotton balls.
Step 3: Keep gluing.
Step 4: Glue some more :)
(And that is what my kids were doing while I was crafting haha!)

My son had to come inspect my work :)

The top left picture shows the back. I did not glue cotton balls around the whole thing.
After the wreath was covered in one layer, I added a top row to give it a little more depth.
After you get them all on, add what you want to it! 

Be creative.
Make it yours!
…and Voila!

You have yourself an awesome wreath!

Things I would do differently:
I would have covered the noodle with white cloth or something because it kind of has a neon green glow to it. I went though and glued in any gaps between cotton balls and that definitely helped.

Hang it where you like, just be weary that it is made out of cotton balls so it is not very rain friendly.
Ours is hanging on the door in our garage.
I think it would also look cute on a kitchen pantry door, or guest bathroom door. Anywhere, really!

Hope you enjoyed this tutorial!

Have fun creating!

3 comments:

  1. Cute! I love that you have pictures of what your kids are doing while you're doing the craft. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, also, LOVE wreaths...What is impressive...is that there is no limits to the creations..I would never have thought of "cotton balls" in a wreath...smile I, too, loved the pictures of the children...entertaining themselves while Mama is being her "creative self"...smile Thank you for sharing your newest "creation"...!

    ReplyDelete