12.25.2014

Christmas Wondefulness

We love Christmas! It's a great time to spend with family and loved ones. My parents were able to spend Christmas Eve and morning with us. We went to Gingerbread Lane, had our tradition of soup bowels on Christmas Eve, the pj elf presents, reading and acting out the nativity story and just having lots of fun talking and laughing and watching our kids having fun playing with their new toys.







Christmas breakfast
He's the best :)
I love him.



My Dad cracks me up! 

We love it when Popo & Granny come and visit!
This really is a magical time of the year. I love the feelings that surround Christmas--those of giving, love, sharing, surprising, happiness, gratitude--I can go on and on! I love being able to reflect upon the birth of my Savior, Jesus Christ. At the beginning of the month, my family and I watched the First Presidency's Christmas Devotional and it was incredible. I loved the thoughts that were shared. I really loved Elder Richard J. Maynes talk about how the Christmas story is a family story. 
"This holy family—Jesus Christ, Mary, and Joseph—provides a loving pattern of celestial attributes that, when emulated by us, will surely lead us back into the presence of God in the celestial kingdom. When we live the attributes demonstrated by this holy family on a daily basis, we will, in fact, be celebrating Christmas every day of the year, and we will come to understand the Christmas story as it truly is—a family history story that teaches us how to find joy in this life and in the life to come. "
I know that Jesus Christ did come to the earth as a little baby and that he grew up and fulfilled His divine mission here on the earth. He lives. It is through Him that we are able to live with our families forever as we keep the commandments and strive to be like Him. He is the greatest gift! I am so grateful to my Father in Heaven for sending His Son to the earth to atone for our sins. 
What a glorious time of the year to remember these simple truths!

Merry Christmas!
May the spirit of Christ be with you always :)


6 comments:

  1. Looks like y'all had a lovely day! Merry Christmas to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas to your sweet family!! How did baby Morgan like Christmas?

      Delete
  2. Sweet, sweet,sweet! Glad you got to have some time with your folks! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was wonderful to have them! Looks like you guys had a fun Christmas, too! I still can't get over that Kirstin is in college AND has a boyfriend?!?! Isn't she supposed to still be 8 or something? haha

      Delete
  3. Goodness...I almost MISSED this post...! LOVE IT! I remember the "gingerbread" place...Isn't that where we went...while visiting you? I LOVE CREATIVITY...even in the simplest of things...DARLING pictures, Rose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was! We think it was better last year. Or at least we were more impressed by last years gingerbread creations. Still, it's amazing what people can do!

      Delete