And just random info, I am 13 weeks pregnant here.
I was so blessed on our trip to Italy. I was just entering my second trimester and I was pretty sick during the first trimester. We were a little worried about how I would do on the flight over and with all the walking and stuff, but Heavenly Father was so kind to me! I was able to have energy and not get sick (maybe just once). Although, I think I took a nap about everyday haha the location varied from parks to gardens and basically anything I could lay down on. Caleb was a wonderful help always making sure I had enough water. He is so awesome :)
Anyway, the Spanish Steps were pretty sweet and there were A LOT of steps, but we managed to make it to the top where we saw. . .
These cool drinking fountains! In the first picture is Caleb posing for me. We didn't actually drink this water because we didn't know if it was that sanitary. The second photo is Caleb showing how you drink out of it like a water fountain. I thought it was THE coolest thing ever so I wanted to get a good picture of it. Poor Caleb stood there forever while I was trying to take a good picture. We almost squirted some people haha but, I think standing there for 5 minutes taking pictures of this was totally worth it! Caleb is such a good sport!
Next up: Trevi Fountain!
I love fountains. It is almost an obsession I have, a healthy one, but an obsession nonetheless. It was so exciting to find the Trevi Fountain. It was beautiful and the best part about this fountain is that it led us to the most AMAZING pizza place ever.
I think we ate here everyday for lunch and a couple times for dinner too, while we were in Rome. It was so delicious and we found out it was the place that all the locals go. The people who worked there were fantastic. They guy gave us free dessert pizza! It was basically their amazing crust with nutella. Yum. The pizza there is long and rectangular and when you are ordering, you order by size and they cut it exactly to the size you want. It was wonderful.
Remember the Spanish Steps? Well, here they are later in the afternoon:
We were really glad we got an early start. This was the same for the Trevi Fountain too. In the afternoon and later into the evening, those places get super crowded. Prime time for pick pocketers.
One of my other favorite things there were there outdoor markets.
Here was the really pretty flower market.
Story Time:
They have all these street vendors in Rome and some of them have long stemmed rose's that they try to trick you into buying. What they do is wiggle them into your hand and say that you owe them money. We were out in a Piazza (which is like a market square) and I saw this man who had the rose's so I quickly hid my hand that wasn't holding Caleb's into my pocket. The guy came up and said that it was a gift for me, "Oh a gift?", to which the man replied "Yes, for 7 euros." haha I think we just walked away then. He thought he was soooo sneaky!
We had another instance where a man came up to us at a light when we were trying to cross the road. He was trying to sell us something, but when he started with his selling pitch, Caleb started speaking in Chinese. The guy looked so confused! I was just smiling and trying really hard not to laugh! The whole time waiting for the light to change Caleb was answering all the guy's questions in Chinese and the guy was so confused! It was hilarious! Another perk for knowing a different language!
Just pausing for a photo opp :)
This was the piazza where the rose man tried to get me to buy a flower.
We found a Chinese restaurant, but we didn't eat there. We were already hooked on their pizza by then.
Well, that's another fun day in Rome!














How funny! I KNEW his CHINESE would come in handy! LOVE THE PICTURES, too! (smile)
ReplyDelete