7.05.2016

Independence Day

Independence Day was lovely :)
We started out the day with a festive red, white, and blue waffle breakfast with red fruit smoothie. It is so much fun with the kids getting older because they get really excited over colored waffles and festive activities. I love it!





After breakfast, we headed outside to do some much needed yard work.




I saw the hula hoop tent idea on pinterest and decided to give it a try. Not too bad.
Cannon seemed to enjoy it haha

For dinner, we tried out another new recipe:
Swineapple 
and bacon wrapped ribs

Swineapple is a bacon covered pineapple stuffed with ribs.

We were pretty excited!

We love our baby grill.
We've made some delicious meals with this little guy!


While the food was cooking, we got out our little sprinkler fire hydrant to cool us all down.




Finally, it was done.
It was incredibly amazing!!
My mouth is watering just thinking about it.
Definitely making these both again.
Wowza.
So.
Good.

After dinner and nap time, we watch a little cartoon explaining the First fourth of July and had popcorn. 
It was pretty fun.

Then we actually headed upstairs for bedtime, but none of the kids were really going down so we went out and did some fireworks.
They were pretty excited!






Some of the ones we got we a bit loud. Cannon was not a fan of those.
Other than that the kids really enjoyed watching them.



We ended up giving Cannon earplugs which made him one happy camper! haha

We also took family pictures that day, which I am working on editing. I bought the cutest patriotic shirts  for the kids from Stitching and Sunshine
They are adorable!!

It really was a lovely day. To be able to stay home all day with our whole family was wonderful! 
We are so grateful to live in this country with the freedoms we enjoy. Over the weekend we read the kids the Declaration of Independence. I think that will be something we do every year. 
The kids may hate it later, but I think it is important to read that inspired document, or at least be familiar with its content. 

We hope your Independence Day was wonderful!

God bless America!!

2 comments:

  1. Nice post. Where are the Roman candles and mortars?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing such darling pictures...I so enjoy seeing how everyone celebrated such an important day...! smile

    ReplyDelete