2.06.2014

Treasured Moments

There are some moments where you wish you could relive them over and over again because they are so tender and sweet! I had one of these yesterday at church. Caleb had a meeting after church, so Cannon and I were just wandering around the building. There are three different congregations that meet in our building and the one we attend is the first to meet, so there were lots of people to say hi to while we were walking around. Cannon was having such a blast! He is such a friendly little guy.
As we were walking past the Primary room (which is where all the children under 12 meet), there was a little girl standing outside of the room with her mom and another leader. The little girl was crying, and when Cannon saw this, he went up to her with a big smile and waved to her! Then we were on our way again walking around the building, waving and greeting those that past us. 
When we got to the end of the hall we turned back around and we saw the little girl again, and she was still crying. Cannon ran up to her and gave her a big hug! My heart melted! It was the sweetest, purest moment. I felt so blessed to see my little 16 month old trying to comfort a little girl, 5 or 6 years older than him, because he saw that she was sad. He is such a wonderful example to me. He had never met her before and will most likely never really see her again, but none of the mattered to him. The only thing that mattered was helping her to feel better. I hope I can be more like my little one :)




No comments:

Post a Comment