1.21.2014

Catching Up with the New Year!

Hello again! It has been too long since I posted anything. I guess you could say we've been really busy, but you make time for what you really want to do, right?? Well, here I am now :) This is just an update on what we have been up too. 

We spent thanksgiving at my sister-in-law's home which I loved! It is so nice that some of Caleb's family lives closer to us now. I can actually get to know them better! YAY! 

Pumpkin Pies I made for Thanksgiving :) Cannon ate 3 in one sitting haha

The only picture I really took during Thanksgiving...
Cannon and his cousin Jane!

Christmas was a blast! It was such a joy to have my in-laws come and spend a few days with us! I definitely should have taken more pictures! For Christmas Eve we had bread bowels, which is a Smith family tradition, and then Christmas we had the classic turkey dinner. Oh man. It was good if I do say so myself :) The best thing about this Christmas is that I was not stressed! Yippee!! Usually I plan way too much to do or make food wise, but this year I planned just right. Don't you love moments like that? 

Sigh, sweet relaxing holidays :)

Here are a few-ish pictures from our fun Christmas Season:

This was at the Moravian Village when we went to visit my brother. Super cute historic area!


Oh, Christmas Tree!


Bubbles in his stocking from Gymboree! These are seriously THE most amazing bubbles. They last forever! (if you let them).



This little cutie LOVES bananas, so Santa put one in his stocking. Notice the bubble stuck on the top of his hair! hahah! It stayed there for almost the entire time of opening presents!



He loves his car he got from his Uncle Abe and Aunt Annie :)
Thanks again guys!

:)

We went to this Gingerbread house contest at Ballantyne Hotel and it was awesome! There are some seriously talented people out there. 



How cool is that??


We also celebrated Caleb's birthday! YAY! Happy birthday to him :) Here is my homemade ice cream cake :) it turned out pretty good! It was a mint chocolate cake. Mmmmm. 

We also celebrated 3 Kings Day this year. Cannon helped me roll and flatten the cookies :) He is such a big helper! Can I just say how much more relaxing it was to have him help me rather then try and distract him so that I could do it all myself? Are they as "perfect" as I wanted them to look? No, they are better because my sweet little boy helped me :) 


Here is my ring bread I made. It's okay if you laugh. I did. :)


And now for our exciting news!! I am pregnant!! YAY! 23 weeks along and we are having a girl!!

Bring on the girly clothes, bows, tights, bloomers, and ruffly booties!! Oh yes!!


There is the end of 2013 and beginning of 2014.

Hello New Year.

I am so excited for the adventures ahead of us! 

Hopefully I won't have to do as many "catching up" posts this year :)

Thanks for visiting!











3 comments:

  1. Cutest little family! Love you and miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such wonderful memories! Your pictures turned out so GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was so much fun to read! Man are you amazing! I love seeing little Cannonball! He is adorable! And did we grow up together or something? Because our Christmas Tree decorating is basically identical. ;)
    Great minds think alike! :)

    ReplyDelete