6.22.2014

Father's Day

For father's day, I usually make breakfast in the morning, but since Caleb is now in the bishopric and has to be at the church at 6:30 for meetings that didn't quite happen this year.
Instead, I made muffins and brought them to him when we got to church. 
Not quite breakfast in bed, but at least is was something!
When we got home from church, I started making one of Caleb's favorite meals, stuffed shells. My favorite recipe is this one. I added artichoke hearts to it though. It was so delicious! (If I do say so myself)
After lunch, we opened presents!
I love present opening time, even if the presents are not for me :)

Caleb got some new scriptures from Cannon and Adelaide. The ones he was currently using were from his mission. We felt like it was time for some new ones.

I made him a t-shirt quilt from just some of the shirts he got from races he has run.
It was my first quilt. Ever.
It took me 2 years to finish it.
Yep.
You read that right.
Two.
Dos.
2.
You may be thinking, "Wow! She is so on top of things by planning a father's day gift two years in advanced!" but, I, unfortunately, am not that organized or prepared.
It was first meant to be his Christmas present in 2012.
I had all the top pieced together, the batting and the back on, but hardly any quilting done.
I gave it to him anyway :) 
Great Christmas present, I know.
Well, finally after two years I just buckled down and finished it!
I think I was just so intimidated by quilting! 
It was hard, especially because I did not use a pattern (just made it up with my Mom), and t-shirts are not the easiest material to sew on. 
But I did it! Wahoo!
My appreciation for quilts and quilters has increased exponentially!


I am sure that he is glad I finished his quilt so I can stop re-gifting it to him holiday after holiday.

 Now after two years of waiting, he can finally be warm and cozy!




3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! This may be the only one I ever make. Quilts are hard!!! I am even more impressed by all the quilts that you have made! Maybe one day I will forget how hard it was and attempt another one haha

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete