On April 25th, we were able to go and do a session at the temple! I love the temple!! We had a sweet family offer to watch Cannon while we went. This was the first time Cannon fell asleep at someone elses house. We dropped him off at 4:45pm and picked him up at 11:45pm. The temple is about an hour in a half a way, so I was a little nervous about leaving him for so long, but apparently he did great!
During the session I had 12 contractions! Saturday morning I had more and some were pretty intense. Then on Sunday they were two hours apart, then stopped for awhile. Monday morning I woke up at 2:50 am and they were 6 mins apart and then 4 mins apart and then....nothing. I got so grumpy that they stopped! I was so feeling frustrated! Grr!!
I was talking to my dear mother and she was saying that she thinks this is a good thing that my body is slowly getting prepared instead of it happening all at once. Way to look on the good side, Mom! That gave me a bit more encouragement and a little less frustration. I guess the Lord is helping me have opportunities to practice being patient :)
I had my doctor's appointment yesterday, and was excited to see what those contractions did!
I am only 1/2 cm dilated. BAH!!
Sigh.
Hello, patience.
We shall become great friends in the next couple of weeks.

Your Mama is very WISE...YES...it is a great thing for your body to be working things out now...so that when the REAL DEAL comes along...you won't have to WORK so hard! It truly is a WIN WIN situation...though, I so KNOW those frustrated moments when you think....OH BOY...this may be IT....and....no.....it was the baby "teasing" me.......smile Let's see...today is May 1st....so...it sounds like she is on the MOVE....into launching mode....Won't be too much longer....and YOU will be calling us to tell us....SHE IS HERE!!!!!!!!!! smile
ReplyDeleteYeah, a while ago Caleb and I picked the date we thought she would come. Caleb thinks she will come on May 12 and I think she will come May 13. She will come when she comes! haha I am just really excited to start that phase of our life, having two little bundles of joy and fun! I am still making sure I enjoy the time with just the three of us. Precious times to not rush.
DeleteRose, you are a beautiful expectant Mom...you radiate. I love your comment about how you and PATIENCE will become good friends these next few weeks. Love to all. Fran and Rick
DeleteOooohhhh..... I hate/love pre-term labor!
ReplyDeleteHate it because it gets you all excited that the baby is coming... and then they don't.
Love because at least you know things are getting ready.
Hang in there! You look amazing!