7.31.2017

The Adventure Begins: Hong Kong

July 12-15th, 2017
When your husband travels to Asia almost twice every year, you are bound to go with him at least once. 
This July was that time!
I was super pumped when we decided I would join him in July. He flew out July 8th and I was originally going to fly out the 17th, but we bumped it up to the 12th--which was the best thing ever because we got to explore Hong Kong together. Caleb's Mom and Sister, Bekah, and then later her husband Joel, watched the kids for us while we were gone. They are AMAZING and we love them forever! We were not worried about the kids at all. We knew they were in good hands :)

I got to hang out with his mom and sister a couple days before my plane left the evening of the 12th. Then the adventure began!

I had two stops before actually getting on the wonderful 16 hour plane ride over to Hong Kong. It all went completely well (even sleeping in the airport, which I am normally terrified to do). 



Sunrise from an airplane. It was actually quite beautiful!


I love using my passport :)
After landing in Dallas, I boarding the plane bound for Hong Kong. I was super lucky because I had a window seat and no one sitting beside me. I got two four-hour long naps, so when I landed I was actually really fresh and ready for adventure! 


My first view of Hong Kong!
(insert excited squeals and happy dancing)
:)


We landed and I was actually pretty nervous to go through the airport and make my way to my ride, but Caleb gave me really good step by step instructions on what to do. He's the best.
I made it through all the security checks and everything without a problem. I found my ride and we headed to the hotel where Caleb was staying. It was a gorgeous ride over to the hotel! Usually, Hong Kong can be pretty smoggy, but it had been raining prior to my arrival so the views were breathtaking. I was soaking it all in!
I met Caleb and his other co-workers in the lobby, then got freshened up a bit and headed out with them to dinner. 
The hotel was GORGEOUS!
.

Dinner was Japanese food and they cooked everything right in front of us. It was incredibly delicious. We had our own private room and chef, which was pretty awesome! We had all sorts of yummy fish and meats and veggies. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. It was the perfect first day in Hong Kong.

Daffie sent us a picture of the dinner! Yay!


The elevators in the hotel had these "Day of the Week" rugs. They were the best! I was clueless to what day it was, so these were really helpful.

Saturday morning, I woke up around 5 am, completely refreshed and ready for a new day. I was actually really surprised I woke up so early, but glad I did. Caleb and I went for a run to Kowloon Park, which was gorgeous and so fun! It was my first introduction to Asian parks, and I love them so much mainly because of all the cute old people there working out! So many old people haha! We found this huge group of old ladies exercising so we joined them hahah!!! It was my favorite. I wish I had taken a picture, but I was having too much doing old lady exercises and watching Caleb do them too haha!
After doing one song with those ladies, we ran a little bit further and found another group of old people, about 5, doing Tia Chi, so we joined them as well. 
It was so relaxing! I never thought I would be doing Tai Chi in a park in Hong Kong with cute old Asians. I highly recommend it. :)



We found this old couple in the park doing some kind of couples tai chi. They had their hands out and seemed to be focused on the tree and were going in circles around the tree. 
Asian marriage counseling??? 



SO many turtles.

In the park, we ran across this section of these Comic Stars, so we posed for a photo opp :) (Mainly for pictures to send to the kids)





Notice the old man doing his exercises?




There were swans and flamingos in this park and a bird conservatory. We did not go to the bird conservatory due to my fear of birds, but I am sure it was great! 



We found some cannons, so naturally we took pictures of those.



And a fort....



Asian swan.

After our run, we went back to the hotel, ate breakfast and got ready for our cruise around Hong Kong Island! 

:)


1 comment:

  1. This is so exciting to me...to see a bit of China through yours and Caleb's experience....LOVE IT! smile

    ReplyDelete