9.27.2011

Twenty Five Days :)

Wow! I can't believe there are only 25 days until I can be sealed and married to the man of dreams! I am just thrilled and giddy! I know I sound totally corny, but come on, I am in the stage of complete and utter "twitterpatedness." A girl can be corny every now and then.
I think back to those days when I dreamt about who I would marry, what our story would be, what he would look like and how he would treat me. Never in my wildest imagination did I picture someone as wonderful as Caleb Smith. I just hoped for it. Now, he would admit this too, we both never thought anything would happen between us. Yes, we do have different interests and hobbies. He talks in puns. I do not. I laugh at his jokes and so does he. We have a blast together. These entries will be of both what has happened in our lovely courtship and what is happening right now...yep, that's right! All the crazy stresses, and excitements of the last 25 days of engagement. First, I will tell how it all started. Well, maybe not from the very beginning. I'll save that for another day. Today we will start on July 4th.

Caleb was over having a bbq with us and he said that he needed to get a project from the Mosters house. He said that he needed my help carrying it out to the car. (The Friday prior to this, we were ice skating--I fell, and sprained my knee so I was then on crutches) Of course, I said that I would help him carry it out. We go out to the car to start driving to the Mosters and then it hits me that there really is no way that I could help him carry it out.. because I was on crutches. So I said, "Wait, you want me to help you carry it out??" Then Caleb quickly just told me not to worry too much about it. We get to the Mosters and Kathryn opens the door and welcomes us in and then Emil comes out too and we were talking for just a little bit. Then Emil says, "Well, we will be in the kitchen." They leave. Shady, I know. Didn't we come to get something from them and they without giving it to us? A girl has to wonder. Then Caleb says, "The project is on the table." Ah, ok. Maybe they aren't that shady. So I turn around to look at the table and I see my name written out in mini candy canes (yes, there is sentimental value to those candy canes...story to come later) and then the words "will you marry me?" written out in mini reese cups :) and I was shocked! Not that he asked me, just that it was actually happening! I turn around and there Caleb is--down on one knee. He asks me that wonderful question: "Will you marry me?" and I say, "Yes! Of course!" (not trying to jump around too much being that I was on crutches and all). He had a little box in his hands with a ring. It wasn't the typical ring you get after that question, that was to come later. This ring was much more special. He made it himself. It was a dollar bill folded up to be a ring with a dime on it. So it was a "dime-on-a-ring." :) There's a pun for ya! I just loved it. Then he stood up, came to me, and thus began our wonderful engagement :)

I love him!

No comments:

Post a Comment